Renewable Energy Executive
For several years now, it has become clear and documented in practice that RES also make a significant contribution to boosting employment, while creating comparatively more jobs than those of displaced fossil fuels.
In our country, where RES and especially solar energy meet the specifications for further utilization, a substantial and wide margin of development is developed, which can be supported by properly trained and specialized personnel that will support the strengthening of the industry.
The training and certification that will lead to enhanced professional qualifications in jobs related to the specialization in the field of Renewable Sources create a competitive advantage and enhance the productivity and adaptability of the employee to the requirements of the RES Industry, ensuring efficient operation on the part of in terms of compliance with existing European and national legislation, and on the other hand in terms of the adoption of individual good practices and / or innovative applications by existing and new companies in the industry.
The “Renewable Energy Source” scheme with the sub-scheme “Specialist in the installation, regulation, monitoring and maintenance of Thermal Solar Systems (THIS)” comes to meet the evolving needs of companies operating in areas engaged in the production of thermal energy.
The examination process consists of:
1. Evaluation of Written Examinations
2. Evaluation of Practical Examination
The written examination process lasts 60 minutes and consists of 30 closed-ended questions where the candidate is obliged to choose the correct answer. The practical examination process includes 1 case study that lasts 20 minutes.
The candidate who will successfully participate in both levels of evaluation is considered successful
a. Written exams with a performance of at least 70%
b. Internship of the three subjects with a performance of “Satisfactory”
Conditions for participation
Formal Academic Qualifications
Candidates wishing to be certified in the sub-format “Specialist of installation, regulation, monitoring and maintenance of Thermal Solar Systems (THS)” in the framework of the procedures according to ISO / IEC 17024, must have at least the following qualifications :
• At least Compulsory Education Graduates and
• Attendance of a vocational training program lasting at least 75 hours, which will combine theoretical training of at least 45 hours and internship of at least 30 hours (in this case a certificate of attendance of this vocational training program is required) or
• Proven professional experience two (2) years in the profession related to the form and attendance of a vocational training program lasting at least 45 hours (in this case an employer’s certificate describing the subject of employment or a relevant document and a certificate of participation in that vocational training program is required)
The exams are conducted only in the Greek language and using a computer
The Hellenic Institute of Certifications – HEL.I.C. has developed a Quality Management System, in accordance with the requirements of the International Standards ELOT EN ISO 9001/2008 and ELOT EN ISO / IEC 17024: 2012, in order for the certification process to be implemented with documented adequacy, impartiality, objectivity, reliability and validity.
Accredited certificate from the National Accreditation System – Ε.ΣΥ.Δ.